HISTORY OF THE BHARTIYA SHIKSHA BOARD
- BSB is a culmination of decades of sustained and selfless endeavours by eminent Indologists, statesmen, thinkers, and educationists to create an indigenous yet modern education system in Bharat. Great patriots, thinkers and leaders of the Indian freedom movement like Swami Dayananda, Swami Vivekananda, Sri Aurobindo, Gurudev Rabindra Nath Tagore, and Mahatma Gandhi were concerned that, raised on an education system that is essentially a legacy of Macaulay, generations of Indians are entirely ignorant of Bharat’s illustrious ancient heritage of rich culture and knowledge systems.
The children of Bharat have grown up studying the school books that, on the one hand, tell the story of a weak, morally and intellectually backward nation that has been under the subjugation of intellectually superior nations for centuries and, on the other hand, eulogise and propagate the knowledge of European scientists, thinkers and educationists while remaining silent on the glorious intellectual treasures of ancient Bharat. Suffering from this colonial mindset, the younger generations have no pride or respect for their ancestors and nation. They idolise western icons as their inspiration and copy their lifestyle choices and habits.
Bhartiya Shiksha Board encapsulates the aspirations of millions of Indians to correct the grievous historical wrongs whereby western thinkers, mathematicians, scientists and litterateurs have been surreptitiously appropriating ancient Indian knowledge systems and denying Bharat its place of pride and due credit as a pioneer of most of the knowledge systems in the world. It is strongly desired that through a national education system, Bhartiya children of the 21st century should be introduced to the -
- Vedas and Upanishads, the vast repository of ancient knowledge, so that they can be proud of their great nation Bharat, the flagbearer of the world’s oldest civilisation that originated more than five thousand years ago on the banks of River Saraswati.
- Rishis and scholars such as Bodhayana, Bharadwaja, Lagadha, Dhanvantari, Sushruta, Charaka, Kanada, Kautilya, Aryabhatta, Varahamihira, etc., through observation, research and calculations based on natural phenomena evolved our indigenous systems of Mathematics, sciences and technology, Health, Astronomy, Earth Science and Aeronautics.
- Upanishadic seers and subsequent Acharyas searched for the source of happiness that led to the Vedic philosophy of ‘atmasakshatkara or self-realisation. Attaining happiness - worldly ‘abhyudaya-janya or dharma-artha-kama-janya’ and transcendental (nihshreyasa) has been an integral part of education in the Indian knowledge tradition.
- Learn Vedvani Sanskrit, the mother of all languages and widely acknowledged by western nations as the most scientific language in the world.